<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tips for Busy Moms






Going Back to School

September 11, 2006

My daughter started kindergarten this year. To be totally honest the husband and I were dreading her starting school mostly because of the impact it would have on our schedules. We have never been morning people, so her first day of school would not only be a first for her, but also for us.

Here is a list of things that help me have a happy and good morning -

I figured out rather quickly that getting her clothes ready the night before was a big help, it also kept me from running around in the morning looking for stuff. She can also voice her opinion (and she has one about every thing) on the outfit. If she does not want to wear a certain thing, or if it does not fit, then we figured it out before hand.

I also check her backpack every afternoon for notes from the teacher or especial needs that need to be addressed. I sign things, read things, and enter things in the calendar as I see them.

Bedtime, a big issue. I can see a big difference on the days that my daughter goes to sleep on time as oppose to the days when I have to shake her for her to wake up. When she falls asleep on time she jumps out of bed in the morning and wakes me up before the alarm even goes off. She is also more alert, happy, and ready to face the day.

Buying versus taking a lunch to school - we do both. We add money into her lunch account big chunks at a time, that way I do not have to remember every week. There are days when she wants to take a lunch, so I make her one. But there are those days when she wants to take a lunch and I have not gone grocery shopping, or really do not have time, that I am glad the school lunch money is there.

Of course there are those days that nothing goes as planned. On those days I figured I am doing well if I just get her to school on time.

Labels:

2:01 PM :: << Home :: permalink