<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tips for Busy Moms






Organizing Kids Toys

October 16, 2006

We all have piles and piles of toys that we have collected throughout the years. This is mainly due to the fact that Christmas is always just around the corner or we have another birthday.

After her birthday my daughter would rush to open her gifts. By the time I looked all the pieces were scattered all over the place and if she got one of the same kind, Polly Pockets specially, forget it; they would never see their box buddies again.

I came up with an easy solution to fix this problem…take a pic! What I do now is that we open the gifts one by one; we put the toys together, and take a picture of it. I have a computer file just named “toys”, where all the toy pictures go. When it is time to ebay it or garage sale it I know what items went with what toy. Perfect. I also try to keep the box, if I can, and the instructions.

Look at it this way, you can be making a little bit more money by knowing the name of the toy and how it looks went it is put together. Once I saw a garbage bag full of Power Wheels pieces sell for just $5 because the owner did not know what pieces went with what.

Next time, since you will most likely have your camera handy, take a pic as you put the toys together, it will save you a lot of time in the future.

Labels:

12:38 PM :: << Home :: permalink